- University of Minnesota (BA in Speech-Language-Hearing Sciences and Spanish studies)
- University of Northern Iowa (MA in Speech-Language Pathology)
- This is my third year at DMPS working with students and families on the southside of Des Moines. Prior to working at DMPS, I provided speech therapy for children at an outpatient clinic.
- My family and I love spending time outside and exploring parks and trails with our two German Shepherd dogs!
- Iowa State University — Early Childhood Education with endorsements in reading and special education
- This will be my first year in DMPS! I previously taught in Omaha Public School District for one year.
- I enjoy spending time with family and friends. When I am not with them I enjoy traveling, being outside, reading, cross stitching, crafting, playing candy crush, and watching and playing sports.
- Iowa State University
- I been with DMPS for 26 years.
- I am married with 2 children. When I am not at school, I enjoy traveling with family and friends.
- Wartburg College (BA in Elementary Education with Reading and Coaching Endorsements
- Drake University (MA in Educational Leadership)
- I started teaching in 2007. After teaching first grade for ten years, I started working as an Instructional Coach here at Howe.
- I enjoy being outside hiking, golfing, running or playing with my daughter. I love doing crafts and restoration projects for others. I enjoy doing group running events and figuring out new ways to solve problems.
- Upper Iowa University (BA Elementary Education)
- Upper Iowa University (Reading Endorsement)
- West Des Moines Dowling Catholic High School
- Holy Trinity Catholic Elementary/Middle School
- I have taught 5th grade at Howe Elementary since the fall of 2007.
- I was a substitute teacher at Holy Trinity Catholic Elementary School during the spring of 2007
- I am married to my husband, Joel, and have 4 children, Ashton, William, Mila, and Gwendolyn
- I enjoy spending time outside gardening and playing basketball and baseball with my family.
- I coach middle school boys basketball.
- I am a huge Iowa Hawkeye and Chicago Cubs fan!
- Des Moines Area Community College and Iowa State University GO CYCLONES!!!!
- I have been teaching ELL with DMPS since 2009
- I have a husband and two children. My family loves animals. We have two mini pigs, a rabbit, and fish. We love hockey, traveling, movies, being outside, and anything where we are spending time with family.
- Upper Iowa University (BA Elementary Education/Reading and English-Language Arts)
- Upper Iowa University (Master in Education with an ESL emphasis)
- ELL Endorsement
- I have been with DMPS since 2012. I was a substitute teacher and did long-term subbing at the Downtown School and Howe. I began teaching at Howe in 2013.
- When I’m not at school, I enjoy going for bike rides, swimming, boating, reading and cooking. In November 2015 I welcomed twins, Hadley and Hendrick. I love spending time reading to them, cuddling and watching them grow!
- Northwest Missouri State (BS)
- Viterbo University (Masters)
- I have been with the district for 33 years.
- I have been married for 34 years. My husband’s name is Kendall and we have five children: Austin, Kelsey, Ross, JT, and Jazmine. When I am not at school, I enjoy attending reading, walking my 2 dogs, and spending time with my very cute granddaughters!
- Iowa State University (BS in Child, Parent, Community Service)
- Upper Iowa University (BA in Elementary Education, Early Childhood and Reading Endorsement)
- Viterbo University (Masters in Education)
- I started with DMPS in the fall of 2002. I have taught preschool and kindergarten for the district
- This will be my second year as a reading and math interventionist.
- Paul and I have three daughters, Bailey, Morgan and Emma.
- I enjoy spending time with my family, traveling and being outdoors- hiking, biking, swimming, or kayaking.
- My favorite place to be is the warm, sunny beach.
- Drake University – Bachelor of Science in Psychology
Drake University – Master of Science in Teaching in Elementary Education with endorsements in Reading and Special Education
- This will be my fifth year of teaching, all of which have been in Special Education at Howe!
- I am married to my husband, Erik, and we have one cute puppy together. Her name is Winnie! When I’m not at school, I enjoy spending as much time outside as possible; running, having campfires, going on walks to get ice cream, and spending time with friends and family. I also love to read, watch movies, and travel whenever I can! I love to do all those things with my husband or puppy!