School closings or delays may occasionally happen throughout the school year due to various reasons. Whenever these reasons arise, please follow the procedures below:
- Please visit our district website at www.dmschools.org for up-to-date information.
- Tune in to the local radio and televisions as they broadcast bulletins when schools, child care centers and adult education programs or closed or delayed because of weather conditions or other emergencies. Click here for the KCCI closing & delays page for your reference.
- Information regarding changes in the school schedule is also available on cable channel 12 between 6:00am and 9:00am.
- If you have questions about closings or delays, please check the district website and/or the local radio and television first! Please do not immediately call the school as we have a limited number of phone lines and this leaves us without phone for emergencies or means of communication.
- Lastly, remember that it is your responsibility to make arrangements with your student on what to doin case school is cancelled or dismissed early. Determine a course of action prior to school starting so that you have a plan just in case.