The School Day
Welcome to Howe Elementary School!
We are so excited for your family to join us and want to ensure that you know how our school operates on a daily basis. Here are some important daily details to be aware of:
- Our school doors open promptly at 7:30am for students to begin coming into the building. Please do NOT drop students off prior to 7:30am as our teachers are not on duty until 7:30am.
- There is no morning Metro Kids Care available.
- Breakfast is provided to all students upon arrival. Breakfast hours are: 7:30am-7:45am in their designated spots. Additional breakfast kits may be available in the office if your student arrives late.
- Students who arrive after 7:45am are considered tardy. Please note: When your student arrives late to school, those minutes accrue and count against their total absence number so please be on time.
- Each grade level has a preassigned area to enter the building at drop off and get picked up from at dismissal. Please see below for Drop Off and Pick Up locations.
- After-school care is available for students who register for Metro Kids Care or Howe’s 21st Century program. Each program is first come, first served. For more information about each of these programs, how to register your student and any fees associated, please see the information below.
Drop Off Locations
- Kindergarten-1st grade will enter the doors near the gym.
- 2nd grade-3rd grade will enter the main office doors.
- 4th-5th grade will enter the cafeteria doors located at the end of the circle drive.
- All students who arrive after 7:45am must enter through the main office doors.
Pick Up Locations
Please see the map below and identify the appropriate zone for your student based on his/her grade. Please also note of where parking is available.