- University of North Carolina at Wilmington – AA in Communication Studies
- University of North Carolina at Wilmington – MSW
- I have not worked directly in the schools, but I have collaborated with DMPS for past several years working with in my last position.
- I am married to an East High School teacher and have a sweet and energetic little two-year-old. I enjoy doing anything outside specifically bike riding with my family or sitting on a patio. Additionally, I try to coach Crossfit when I can and workout. I appreciate good food and conversations!
- University of Iowa (BS in Psychology)
- Drake University (MS in School Counseling)
- This is my first year with DMPS and I am so excited to get to know the Howe Community! Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns regarding the school counseling program.
- I have a huge golden retriever who is named Willis. In my free time, I enjoy reading, being out in nature, and spending time with my friends and family.
- Graduated from the University of Iowa in Social work
- I have been with DMPS since 2000.
- My name is Mai Golbuff, I have been with the SUCCESS program since 2000 and this is my first year at Howe and I am excited to be here! I love my job and what I do and I look forward in working with you and your family. Outside of work I enjoy gardening, kayaking, hiking, traveling and spending time with my family. My husband and I enjoy spending time with our adult children which are both at Iowa State (yes, we are a house divided 🙂). I love Howe and looking forward in serving you and your student.
- I attended Valley High School
- I graduated with my GED in 1996
- I started working for DMPS in 2016.
- I am happy to start my sixth year here at Howe as the Metro Kids Supervisor!
- I enjoy traveling and watching movies. I spend almost every weekend hanging out with my grandkids!
- I love trivia and information in general. I would like to pursue a Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science. I grew up on a farm in Manson, Iowa, just west of Fort Dodge. My father was involved in trade missions for farming, so we had regular visits from international farming and trades people while I was growing up. I have always had with a curiosity about the world around me and all people and cultures.
- BBA in Accounting and Finance from the University of Iowa
- I started substitute teaching in 1997. I have been a 5th grade teacher here at Howe since fall of 1998.
- Favorite books – The Lord of the Rings trilogy & The Hobbit, True Grit, “cozy” mysteries by Agatha Christie or Ellis Peters (Brother Cadfael series)
- Favorite children’s books –
- Picture books: Ferdinand by Munro Leaf, There’s No Such Thing as a Dragon by Jack Kent, The King’s Stilts by Dr. Seuss
- Chapter books: The 39 Clues series by various authors – favorites by Jude Watson and Gordon Korman, Percy Jackson series and Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan, Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling, Arabel and Mortimer series by Joan Aiken, and The Ghost on Saturday Night by Sid Fleischma
- Movies – grew up watching original Star Wars and Indiana Jones movies and like anything with adventure
- Puzzles including brain teasers, mazes, and jigsaw puzzles
- Spending time with family is my favorite thing to do – mom, sisters, brother-in-law, and niece and nephews.
I have worked for our district for 14 years. I am bilingual in English/Spanish. I love my job experiences that I’ve had in 14 schools. Howe Elementary is my favorite, we’re all best friends.
I’ve been married for 31 years and have three kids: two boys and a girl. My daughter is a registered nurse. My oldest son is majoring in Animal Sciences. Our youngest son is a diesel mechanic. I have 7 grandkids: three girls and four boys. I have an amazing wife.