- University of Iowa (BS in Psychology)
- Drake University (MS in School Counseling)
- This is my first year with DMPS and I am so excited to get to know the Howe Community! Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns regarding the school counseling program.
- I have a huge golden retriever who is named Willis. In my free time, I enjoy reading, being out in nature, and spending time with my friends and family.
- I love trivia and information in general. I would like to pursue a Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science. I grew up on a farm in Manson, Iowa, just west of Fort Dodge. My father was involved in trade missions for farming, so we had regular visits from international farming and trades people while I was growing up. I have always had with a curiosity about the world around me and all people and cultures.
- BBA in Accounting and Finance from the University of Iowa
- I started substitute teaching in 1997. I have been a 5th grade teacher here at Howe since fall of 1998.
- Favorite books – The Lord of the Rings trilogy & The Hobbit, True Grit, “cozy” mysteries by Agatha Christie or Ellis Peters (Brother Cadfael series)
- Favorite children’s books –
- Picture books: Ferdinand by Munro Leaf, There’s No Such Thing as a Dragon by Jack Kent, The King’s Stilts by Dr. Seuss
- Chapter books: The 39 Clues series by various authors – favorites by Jude Watson and Gordon Korman, Percy Jackson series and Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan, Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling, Arabel and Mortimer series by Joan Aiken, and The Ghost on Saturday Night by Sid Fleischma
- Movies – grew up watching original Star Wars and Indiana Jones movies and like anything with adventure
- Puzzles including brain teasers, mazes, and jigsaw puzzles
- Spending time with family is my favorite thing to do – mom, sisters, brother-in-law, and niece and nephews.
- Grandview University (BA in Human Services)
- I have worked for DMPS since 2011.
- My husband and I have a daughter who is 15 years old. My time spent is at the football games watching my daughter cheer, or watching her at competition dance. I have two fur babies that I love dearly!
I have worked for our district for 14 years. I am bilingual in English/Spanish. I love my job experiences that I’ve had in 14 schools. Howe Elementary is my favorite, we’re all best friends.
I’ve been married for 31 years and have three kids: two boys and a girl. My daughter is a registered nurse. My oldest son is majoring in Animal Sciences. Our youngest son is a diesel mechanic. I have 7 grandkids: three girls and four boys. I have an amazing wife.