- Iowa State University (BS in Elementary Education/Science)
- Iowa State University (Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership)
- I have been teaching with DMPS since 1997.
- My husband and I have three kids. We have two girls and a boy. We currently have no pets, but my youngest daughter is working hard to change that! I love to travel, enjoy the great outdoors, go for walks and spend time with my family and friends.
3rd Grade Teacher
- University of Northern Iowa (BA Early Childhood/ Elementary Education Early Childhood Special Education Reading Endorsement)
- Before staying at home with my children, I taught Kindergarten at St. Joseph Elementary for 8 years. I was a substitute for Des Moines, Southeast Polk and Bondurant. I was hired by Des Moines in 2016 as the Reading/ Math K-3 Interventionist at Howe. This year I will be staying at Howe as a second grade teacher.
- When I’m not at school, I enjoy spending time with my large family. My husband and I have been married now for 17 years. We stay very busy attending our kids activities! They are involved in soccer, wrestling and dance and we love supporting them! When we are not busy with kid activities, I enjoy going photography, camping, cooking, swimming, new adventures, bike riding, trying new restaurants, reading and traveling.